It’s critical to cleaning 6 burner stove top and ports thoroughly. Failure to do so may result in unevenly cooking flames. Make sure all of the controls are turned off and the cooktop is cool before you begin. Gather the following supplies for cleaning the burners and ports:
- Plastic scrubbing pad that isn’t harsh.
- A cleanser that is mildly abrasive.
- A straight pin, a needle, or a thin gauge wire are all good options.
Important: When cleaning your gas burners, avoid using oven cleansers, bleach, or rust removers. Also, don’t clean the burner ports using a wooden toothpick instead of a pin, needle, or wire. In the burner, the toothpick can break off and obstruct adequate gas flow. Looking for the best 6 burner gas cooktop? We have reviews you can use as reference.
Follow the Steps Below to Cleaning 6 Burner Stove Top
- Take off the burner cap and base.
- Scrub the burner cap and base with a minimally abrasive cleanser and a nonabrasive plastic cleaning pad.
- When the surface, grates, and caps are cool after cooking, the cooktop is the easiest to clean.
- During a Self-Cleaning cycle, do not clean the burner caps in the oven.
- Burner caps should not be washed in the dishwasher.
- Wipe the gas tube hole beneath the base clean.
- Wipe the igniter down with a wet towel.
- Use a straight pin, needle, or small-gauge wire to clean clogged burner ports, as indicated below.
- Do not use the dishwasher to clean the burner ports.
- Do not alter or enlarge the port.
- Replace the burner cover and base.
- Check that the alignment pins (if any) are properly aligned with the burner cap and that the correct burner cap is on the correct burner base.
- The burner cap should be flush with the burner base and move only slightly from side to side.
- Light the stove. Check cap alignment and that the correct burner cap is on the correct burner base if the burner does not light.
- Watch the video below for more information on cleaning surface burners:
Tips for Cleaning 6 Burner Stove Top
If your grates or caps appear to be dirty or dingy, consider the following cleaning tips.
IMPORTANT: Make sure all controls are turned off and the stove is completely cool before cleaning. Unless otherwise specified, soap, water, and a soft cloth or sponge should be used first.
- Use a minimally abrasive cleanser and a nonabrasive plastic scrubbing pad. Once the stove, grates, and caps have cooled, clean them.
- During a Self-Cleaning cycle, do not clean the burner caps or grates in the oven.
- Unless otherwise specified in your Use and Care Guide, do not wash burner caps in the dishwasher.
- Some grates can be put in the dishwasher to clean. The most aggressive cycle should be used. Grates that have been cooked or burned on should be soaked or washed before being put in the dishwasher. To see if your grates may be washed in the dishwasher, consult your Use and Care Guide.
- Acidic spills, such as tomato and vinegar, should be cleaned as soon as the cooktop, grates, and caps are cool. The finish may be harmed as a result of these spills.
- Do not slam grates and tops against one other or hard surfaces like cast iron cookware to avoid chipping.
How to Reinstall Burner Caps After Cleaning
- Make sure you’ve got the right burner cap on the right burner base. A mark on the burner base and the bottom of the burner cap may indicate which burner cap and burner base are compatible.
- Make that the alignment pins are properly aligned with the burner cap while reinstalling the burner cap. The burner cap should be flush with the burner base and move only slightly from side to side. While the burners are still wet, do not reinstall the caps.
- The burner cap must be seated properly on the burner head, flush with the burner base and with minimal side-to-side movement.
- To light and work correctly, the cap must be positioned on the burner base. Because gas burners come in a variety of configurations, it’s necessary to familiarize yourself with the design of your appliance by reading your Use and Care Guide. The following are some examples of common burners:
- When using a surface burner, always keep the burner cap on. Poor ignition and uneven flames can be avoided with a clean burner cap. After a spillage, always clean the burner cap, and remove and clean the caps on a regular basis. Wet caps should not be reinstalled on burners.
In this blog, we also have gas cooktops with grill article that you might want to see.
Our latest articles
- Best 3 White Wine To Cook Mussels On Amazon (2022)
- How to Cook Perfect Rice With Less Expensive Rice Cooker! In 2022
- Top 3 Best Vegetables Seasoning Blend on Amazon (2022)
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!