It’s not easy to operate a commercial deep fat fryer! If you work in the restaurant industry, however, your deep fat fryer is likely an essential piece of kitchen equipment that you use on a regular basis.
Our commercial deep fryer safety tips can help you delight your customers with delectable treats while staying safe at work, whether you’re cooking up the perfect corn dog, donut, French fries, mozzarella sticks, or countless other delicious treats.
Deep Fryer Safety Tips
In terms of commercial deep fryer safety tips, it’s important to consider the operation of the deep fat fryer, safety of the surrounding area and safety in terms of how the food is prepared. It will be easier to protect your self if you use the best commercial deep fryer at home.
The following deep fat fryer safety tips relate to safely operating the deep fat fryer:
- Do not overheat your deep fryer. This is something that more and more people are doing these days. The problem with overheating your fryer is that it will cook your food too quickly which will not allow it to be digested properly. The finished meal will sit in your stomach and burn likeurgitation.
- Keep your fryer between the curbs of your kitchen. If you over lift the weight of the fryer, this will consumer a lot of energy. Under lifting the weight of the fryer, you are burning more calories than when you use a traditional frying pan.
- Use a thermometer. Temperature is the most important nutrient of any kitchen appliance. The ideal being between 150 degrees Fahrenheit and 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep it checked at all times.
- Don’t use oil spars. Oil spars are used to distribute the oil when you are cooking foods incorporating oil, such as deep fried foods and other deep dish foods. It is often a foolproof way to distribute the oil. But distribution is only a part of the secret. What you really need is a wok. A wok is used to stir fry, deep fry, or grill foods. Investing in a good wok will turn out to be a great investment in time and money. A wok is inexpensive. It can be used for just a few things. However, you may also use a wok for roasting, stir frying, or even cooking inside.
- Use a thermometer, a spoon, OR a pestle & mortar.If you don’t have a wok, a pestle & mortar will do. If you just don’t have a wok, a pestle & mortar will do. There are expensive woks, but they can be found for less than $30. They can be used for just about anything.
- A slow cooker is a great addition to any kitchen. They are super easy to use and can be used for just about anything. ultra-low temperatures, boiling soups, or just about anything else you might want to do in the kitchen.
Fire Prevention Tips
When it comes to deep fat fryer safety, some of the most important tips are deep fat fryer fire safety and fire prevention. Consider the following and more to put deep fat fryer fire safety first:
- Ensure you have a fire extinguisher close to hand in case of emergencies, and ensure it is the most suitable type of fire extinguisher for use with deep fat fryers and other kitchen equipment.
- Never use water to put out a grease fire.
- To prioritize deep fat fryer fire safety, ensure you set up your deep fat fryer away from any open flames.
- Keeping your deep fat fryer clean is another important tip in terms of deep fat fryer fire safety.
How food is cooked is also important in terms of deep fat fryer safety.
- It is important that the food cooked in your deep fat fryer reaches the intended internal temperature. Food that is not thoroughly cooked can cause your customers to get sick.
- Use a deep-fry thermometer to check the temperature of the oil in your deep fat fryer.
Deep Fryer Safety Accident Tips
Whether you use a deep fat fryer regularly or not, it’s always important to be prepared for accidents.
- Ensure you and others working in the kitchen have some basic knowledge of first aid tips for burns.
- Always keep a first aid kit close to hand to prioritize deep fat fryer safety.
- As mentioned earlier, keep a kitchen fire extinguisher readily available.
- Always wait for the oil to cool before cleaning up a spill. Learn to clean up oil spills using absorbent materials, for example oat meal or corn starch.
- Keep your deep fat fryer clean and regularly maintained.
Avoid Water When Deep Frying
You can look up the smoke points of different oils on the internet, or you can get the official smoke points from your country’s Food Department Authority. If an oil fire breaks out, never use water to put it out. When deep frying, water is a very dangerous liquid. When water comes into contact with very hot oil (around 350 °F), it vaporizes instantly and turns into super-heated steam.
The water expands quickly, causing oil to splatter and putting people at risk of burns and other injuries. Allow no water to enter the fryer while the food is deep-frying, and do not use it to cool or clean this kitchen appliance.
The more you reuse the oil, the more it degrades and the lower its smoke point becomes. To avoid oil splatter, remove any excess water from the food before frying. To avoid burns, always use a pair of tongs or a long fork to place and remove food from the fryer. It’s also a good idea to get to know it is deep fryer safety and the manufacturer’s recommended of deep fryer safety precautions.
Hello, I'm Vidi! Writing and food are two very interesting things. Writing is a way to express myself, and food will be the best thing to accompany it.
It is a dream for me to be able to try as many types of food as possible, because each food has its own characteristics and story.
So far, with my traveling hobby, several places I've visited have never missed to try regional specialties. it is a pleasure in itself. who wouldn't be interested in that? I really want to spend my time exploring the world, visiting every best place, and of course trying every special dish. So i'll get lot of ideas to write about food with my experience.