Using my air fryer to make frozen foods is a great experience for us….
Meals are faster and easier to prepare thanks to their reduction…
…in cooking time. The air fryer does just that when you cook…
…these frozen hash brown patties.
This recipe is simple and easy to make…
…and is a staple in our breakfast routine.
When we have guests over or even just our family of four…
…we always make these for breakfast. With Ore Ida frozen hash brown patties…
…or generic store brand versions, it can be used.
Hash brown patties that have been air fried are incredibly tasty and addictive!
You’ll never want to cook frozen hash browns any other way…
…once you’ve tried them in the air fryer. Promise!
Firs, let’s hear Jad’s story…
My 7-year-old son loves hash brown patties because they are easy to make, kid-friendly…
…and fill him up. Our kindergarten teacher noticed that he had a better day…
….at school when he had a filling breakfast. So, I gave up cereal for breakfast…
….and replaced it with eggs and sides. Hash browns patties are one of his favorite…
…breakfast foods. Because they are fast and I don’t have to watch them like….
… do when they are on the stove, I usually prepare them in the microwave.
Hash browns, also spelled hashed browns, are a popular American breakfast dish, consisting of finely chopped potatoes that have been fried until browned. Hash browns first started appearing on breakfast menus in New York City in the 1890s.Definition of Hash Brown by Wikipedia
In case you need more reason…
Why Make Frozen Hash Brown Patties in the Air Fryer?
- There is less cleanup. There is no need to wash any dishes or pans. You only need to clean your air fryer basket!
- Texture is better. As the air circulates all around the food, all sides of the hash brown patty get perfectly crispy.
- Cooks cook faster. In contrast to baking them, this breakfast staple cooks in just 10 minutes or less.
- There is no need to add oil. There’s no need to add additional oil to these or spray them. From frozen, they will get perfectly crispy on their own.
- Thawing is not necessary. Frozen hash browns can be cooked without thawing or defrosting. Straight from the freezer, place them in the air fryer basket.
Are you ready?
But first, in case you are looking for a great air fryer… here’s what I recommend you!
How To Cook Air Fried Frozen Hash Brown Patties
These crispy patties are incredible: the texture is crisp…
…and perfect without the use of any oil. Because the frozen patties….
…already contain oil, you don’t need to use any additional oil spray.
If you spray the hash browns with oil, they will have a more…
…”crispy deep fried” texture. They’re so quick and easy to make…
…that they’re ideal for a no-fuss breakfast.
Tips For The Best Cooking The Hash Brown
- Can air fried frozen hash brown patties be cooked in an air fryer? Yes! There are so many different sizes of patties to choose from. In addition, each air fryer cooks differently. As a result, you’ll need to adjust the time and temperature accordingly. Simply follow the temperature guidelines below and keep an eye on the potatoes.
- Once you cook your first batch, you’ll know what is the best time for your style of air fryer.
- These only work with patties, not hash browns that have been shredded. Because they’ve already been cooked, the pre-cooked hash brown patties work great and are quick to prepare.
- There’s no need to use any best oil spray. They cook crisply without the use of any additional oil. If you want an extra crispy crust, you can spray it with oil, but most brands we’ve tried don’t require it.
- Cook from Frozen. You don’t need to thaw them first.
- Put them in a Single Even Layer. Don’t overlap them in the air fryer basket/tray or else they won’t cook as evenly.
- See recipe box below for the cooking details.
What About Air Frying Shredded Hash Browns?
If you want to use the shredded style hash browns here’s what we suggest:
- Allow the shredded hash browns to thaw completely and remove excess moisture.
- Create small, very flat patties. The flatter they are, the quicker and crisper they’ll cook in the air fryer.
- Add a liberal amount of oil to both sides of the shredded hash brown patties.
- Air fry at the temperature recommended below in the recipe box. You might have to cook them a little longer so they can cook all the way through.
- Also, make sure they’re crispy on top before you flip them. Yes, you have to flip them so they can brown and crisp on both sides.
So, Here you go!
Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
The way the hash brown patties cook is influenced by a number of factors…
Because they all differ in size, thickness, and sometimes coating…
….you’ll need to adjust your timing. To ensure even cooking…
…only cook a single layer at a time. Every air fryer is different…
…and some cook at a much higher temperature than others.
After you’ve cooked your first batch of fries, you’ll have a better idea…
…of what works best for your air fryer model and food size.
These were tested in air fryers with baskets…
More recipe notes can be found below the recipe…
Ingredients of Hash Brown Patties Recipe
- 4 Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- salt , optional to taste
- black pepper , optional to taste
Equipment of Hash Brown Patties Recipe
- Air Fryer
Instructions of Hash Brown Patties Recipe
- Place the frozen hash brown patties in the air fryer basket and spread in an even layer (make sure they aren’t overlapping). No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10 minutes. Flip the hashbrown patties over.
- Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for an additional 2-5 minutes or until crisped to your liking. Season with salt & pepper, if desired.
Notes of Hash Brown Patties Recipe
Air Frying Tips and Notes:
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Turn as needed. Cook in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the hash browns might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to flip as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches…
…you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes…
…(unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
How Long to Cook Frozen Hash Browns
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In the air fryer…
…cook the frozen hash brown patties in one layer for 8-10 minutes…
…rotating halfway through using a plastic spatula. Allow the hash brown patties…
…to cook for a few minutes longer if you prefer them crispier.
An additional 3 to 5 minutes should be beneficial….
You may make this recipe without using any oil because…
…most frozen hash brown patties already contain oil from their initial frying.
If the patties become too dry for your preference, spray them with a little oil…
…using an EVO Oil Sprayer to rehydrate them. Remove the patties from the air fryer…
…and set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly before eating.
It’s truly that simple….
More Tips for Cooking in an Hash Brown Patties in Air Fryer
- They should not be defrosted. When you put them in the air fryer, you want them solidly frozen.
- Layers are single. If you stack them, they will not fully cook. Cook them in a single layer only.
- Please read your instructions. There are some air fryers that require cooking spray to be used, but others don’t, so make sure you check the specific directions for yours.
Storing & Reheating
- When stored in the refrigerator, air-fried hash brown patties can last 3-4 days.
- They can be reheated in the microwave or in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees until hot and crispy.
You can make these delicious frozen hash brown patties…
…in the air fryer in no time. They are easy to make and ready in minutes.
Delightful as well. It’s just a matter of following the steps…
Share with us your experience using this guide to make…
…Hash Brown Patties in air fryer !
Or, if you have more questions about guide to make…
…Hash Brown Patties in in air fryer…
…feel free to leave a comment!
Our latest articles:
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
- Best Meat Slicer For Bacon: Worth To Buy In 2022 [part 2]
- Are Cured Meats Good For You? 4 Superb Guides You Need To Know
- Best Meat Slicer For Bacon: Worth To Buy In 2022