How to clean wooden spatula? Wooden spatulas are a great kitchen tool. They’re durable, versatile, and easy to clean. To keep your wooden spatula in good condition, here are some helpful tips on how to clean wooden spatula. In this blog, we also have an article about the best spatula for non stick pan on amazon that you might want to read about it.
A spatula is a broad, flat, flexible blade used to mix, spread and lift material including foods, drugs, plaster and paints.”Wikipedia.org
What is a spatula?
Spatulas are usually used to smooth or fold a pancake, as well as to flip or mix batters. Spatulas are often used in combination with other tools, such as measuring cups and measuring spoons, for measuring ingredients, or to transfer batter to a pan. The most common types of spatulas include folding (or creaming) spatulas, mixing spatulas, spreaders, cake-pop sticks, pizza scrapers, and waffle iron scraper blades.
A spatula is one of the most common cooking tools. It’s a simple tool that is basically a flat, usually squarish piece of plastic or metal, on the end of a straight handle.”Cassie L. Damewood, author from delightedcooking.com
What is wooden spatula
A wooden spatula is a utensil used for cooking and other kitchen tasks. Wooden spatulas are made from wood and are typically long and flat. They are often made from maple, oak, bamboo, or other hardwood. Wooden spatulas are typically made from wood that is relatively dense and strong.
Wooden spatulas may be made from the entire piece of wood, or they may be cut down to size. A variety of different sizes, shapes, thicknesses, and materials can be found. Wooden spatulas come in various lengths, widths, and heights. Some have handles on them while others do not.
How To Clean Wooden Spatula
Below are the steps how to clean wooden spatula:
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the spatula, then dry it with a clean cloth.
- Apply a small amount of olive oil to the spatula and rub it with your hands.
- After cleaning, you can put the spatula in the kitchen drawer to prevent it from rusting and making the taste of your food contaminated.
- You can apply more olive oil if there’s still some residue on the surface of the spatula.
- Avoid using plastic spatulas as they may be harmful to human health.
- Keep the spatula out of direct sunlight to avoid heat damage.
- If the wood becomes discolored after long usage, soak it in warm water with mild detergent until it comes off easily. Do not use harsh chemicals.
- For cooking utensils, rinse them with hot soapy water immediately after use. When washing dishes by hand, scrub all surfaces with soap and water, starting at the bottom to remove any grease. Rinse thoroughly before drying.
Why Using Wooden Spatula
Wooden spatulas are used for cooking because they are more heat resistant than plastic spatulas. Wooden spatulas are also less likely to absorb odors from foods, which makes them ideal for cooking food. Here are the reasons why using wooden spatula:
- The wooden spatula is good for cooking pancakes, biscuits, bread, muffins, cakes, and many other foods because it can help scrape away excess bubbles from the surface of these foods, leaving behind a shiny surface. This is great when cooking foods like scones, crumpets, gingerbread, tortillas, pancakes and other doughy foods.
- It can make your food look nice. Wooden spatulas can bring out the natural beauty of your food. It brings out an attractive golden coloration to the food. In addition, wooden spatulas leave a glossy appearance on the top of the food.
- The wooden spatula can save time. With wooden spatula, you don’t need to worry about scraping up anything, which saves precious minutes during meal preparation.
- The wooden spatula helps protect against burns. Because of its high thermal conductivity, wooden spatulas can reduce the risk of burning yourself when heating food on the stovetop.
- You will get more control over the temperature of the food. Wooden spatulas allow you to better control the moisture content within the food by lifting the food off the heated surface of the burner and allowing the air underneath to evaporate.
- Because of their shape, wooden spatulas are easier to use. There is no need to hold onto the sides of the food to keep things from sliding around. They make it easy to turn the food, and you won’t burn yourself by accidentally pressing too far into the food.
Our Latest Post:
Was this helpful?
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.