What is a pizza peel used for? Pizza peel, also known as a peel or shovel.
A thin metal plate with holes in it that you use to slide the dough onto your oven and remove it from there after baking. It’s usually made of stainless steel but some are aluminum coated.
There are many different kinds of pizzas – deep dish, stuffed crusts, etc., so each kind has its own requirements on what type of peel is best suited for them. The thickness of the peel will determine how much weight can be put on top of the pizza when sliding it into the pizza oven; thicker peels allow more pressure than thinner ones. In here, we also have best pizza peels recommendations that you might want to see
What is a Pizza Peel Used For
A pizza peel allows you to easily transfer hot pizza directly from the oven to your table without having to lift it up by hand. You simply place the pizza on the peel, then slide it across the countertop to where you want to eat it. They come in various sizes depending on the size of the pizza being served and they have several uses besides just serving food:
- When making breadsticks, you may need to make them ahead of time and freeze them in an airtight container. To serve, thaw and bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown, approximately 15-20 minutes per side. This makes great appetizers too!
- Use a pizza peel to carefully roll out flatbread before cooking. Simply brush off any excess flour and fold over twice. Cook pita according to package instructions.
- For easy cutting of meatballs, sausage rolls, chicken tenders, or other small foods, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place desired amount of ingredients on prepared sheet and cook on high heat setting for 10-15 seconds per side. Remove cooked items from pan immediately using pizza peel.
- Make sure to clean thoroughly between uses. Using soap and water should suffice. Never submerge a dirty peel under running water because this could cause rusting. We recommend using a sponge instead.
- Peel away. After cleaning, store safely in a dry place. Do not leave exposed to moisture.
- Some people like to “clean” their peel once a month by rubbing down with oiled cloth. Others prefer to let it get rusty naturally. Either way works fine, although we don’t think either one is necessary unless you live somewhere humid or frequently wash your hands with antibacterial soap.
- Store properly. Most stores keep their peels hanging vertically above shelves near the cash register. Keep them upright to prevent damage caused by humidity. Don’t try to stack peels together — if you find yourself stacking multiple peels, consider purchasing additional shelving units.
How Do I clean my pizza peel?
- To keep your pizza peel looking new all year round, make sure you wash it regularly using warm water and soap.
- You should never have to scrub or sand down a wooden peel. If you want to get rid of any grease build up, wipe it off using paper towels.
- Never leave food scraps inside your peel! This could cause cross-contamination which means you’ll end up eating something unsafe if you eat anything cooked on your peel later.
- Always store your peel properly by stacking it upright and away from heat sources such as radiators or stoves.
- For storage, try hanging it over a hook at eye level. Make sure not to stack too high though because this may affect airflow around the oven and cause condensation to form.
How Do I Choose Which One To Buy?
The most important thing to consider when choosing a peel is whether it will fit inside your oven. If you have an electric oven then look at the size of the opening and see if this fits under the door handle. Some people say not all electric ovens have handles like this, but I’ve never had any problems using mine. If it doesn’t fit, you’ll need to get something else. If you’re getting an induction stove, then make sure it has high enough clearance above the burner. Most stoves have somewhere between 6″-12″.
Check yours before ordering. Also note whether or not they offer “oven proof” versions. This means that it won’t work if you try to bake anything directly on the burners themselves. They could still damage their surface though. Induction cooktops don’t heat up evenly across the entire cooking area. So if you were trying to bake something that was only going to take 5 minutes over the direct flame of a gas stove, you’d probably end up burning yourself because those flames would spread too quickly.
Our Latest Post:
- The 5 Best Amazon Electric Portable Cookers
- The Best Electric Portable Cookers In 2022
- Coffee Machine Caddy White – What is It? Comprehensive Guide for Learning About It
I love cooking because it’s so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I’ll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can’t stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!