Can you refill pepper grinder? Pepper grinder is a very handy kitchen tool. It’s used for grinding black pepper, which is usually used in Indian cooking. As it has become an essential part of our day to day life, it becomes important to understand the different types of pepper grinders available in the market.
So if you wondering about, can you refill paper grinder, find your answer by reading this article until end. In this blog, we also have an article about pepper grinder that you might want to read about it.
A pepper mill, also referred to as a pepper grinder, works by grinding peppercorns through burrs to create fragments.”Sarah Wharton, author from Goodhousekeeping.com
What is Pepper Grinder
Pepper grinder is a small device used to grind pepper. It is a very handy tool and can be used in many ways. You can use it to grind the whole pepper or you can use it to grind the powder of a particular kind of pepper. In India, we have various kinds of peppers, like red chilli, green chilli, black pepper, cumin seeds etc.
These are all different kinds of peppers and there are different varieties of each kind. So to get your desired taste from the food, you’ll need to choose the right kind of pepper that suits your needs. That is why you need a pepper grinder.
Pepper mills, sometimes referred to as pepper grinders, are a common kitchen accessory designed to grind peppercorns into a fine powder used to season foods. Many of us probably have a pepper mill sitting in our kitchen right now! Yes, that’s very true.”Peppermate.com
Can You Refill Pepper Grinder
So, can you refill pepper grinder? When your grinder is completely empty, invert it in a basin of boiling water and let it aside for 10 minutes. After that, take it in your hands and pull. It easily pops out, and you can clean it, let it to dry, then replace with pepper or any other spice you like to ground.
Types of Pepper Grinders
There are two types of pepper grinders: electric and manual. An electric one works on electricity and makes sure that no matter how much spice you want to add into your dishes, this will always be perfectly ground up. A manual grinder has just one function; that is to grind the spice into a fine powder so you can sprinkle it over your food.
There are also different kinds of these grinders depending upon the amount of spices they can hold and the power they provide. Some electric grinders are powerful enough to grind 3-4 spoons worth of spice at once while some manual ones require you to place the spice between them and then move the handle back and forth until the required quantity of spice is ready. You can buy any of these from online stores or even through brick & mortar stores. However, if you’re planning to make a large purchase, I’d suggest going through an online store as their prices tend to be more reasonable than those of traditional stores.
How do you know what type of grinder should you buy?
You can go by the following factors when choosing a pepper grinder:
- Amount of spice that you want to grind: If you plan to make curry or other spicy dishes, it would be necessary to have a pepper grinder with a lot of spice capacity. This way you won’t run out of spice before your dish turns out. On the other hand, if you don’t mind having less spice, then you can opt for a lower capacity grinder.
- Size: If you plan to use this only occasionally, then it doesn’t really matter about its size. But if you’re using it regularly, then you need to consider how big the container is. Large containers are good because you don’t have to spend too much time looking for the right amount of spice. They save you both time and energy. Small containers take longer to prepare your food. Also, it requires you to put in more effort just to find the right amount of spice you need.
- Power: Electric models come with a separate charger and can be plugged directly into most electrical outlets. Manual ones work with batteries and you’ll have to charge them periodically. With an electric model, you can switch off the power whenever you aren’t using it to prevent the battery from draining. On the other hand with a manual one, this isn’t possible.
- Price: Pepper grinders aren’t cheap items. The bigger the capacity, the higher the price. So, if you’re buying this item for the first time, then try to compare prices among multiple stores or look for deals online. You can easily save 10% to 20% on average. Or else, if you’re already a regular user, check whether you can get a discount on it. Sometimes stores offer discounts on products you’ve bought before.
- Warranty: There are two types of warranties provided by manufacturers – limited warranty and full warranty. Limited warranty protects against manufacturing defects but doesn’t cover damages caused by abuse, misuse, accidental damage, or normal wear and tear. Full warranty covers everything mentioned above under warranty conditions. Most dealerships provide limited warranty but not all of them extend it to the entire product lifetime. Hence, you might want to ask your dealer whether it provides extended warranty or not.
Our Latest Post:
Visit Our Store
- Best Boba Pearl Maker – YJINGRUI Commercial Fully Automatic Pearl Pot Pearl Tapioca Cooker Pearl Maker 5L Review
- 3 Best Wet Grinders Recommendation on Amazon for You!
- Commercial Induction Stoves – 3 Amazing Recommendation from Amazon