Popcorn machines are used in various industries for making…
…and storing popcorns. they can be found in movie theaters, restaurants, supermarkets etc., the main purpose of these devices is to make popped corn by using air pressure. In this article you will know how to clean commercial popcorn machine. In here, we also have best commercial popcorn machines that you might want to see.
What Is popcorn machine? The popcorn machine is a device that makes or stores popcorn. It uses hot oil as an energy source to heat up water inside it. The heated water then turns into steam, which causes the kernels to expand thus popping them out. This process continues until all the corn has been popped. Once this happens, you have your popcorn ready to eat! If you wondering, what is the best oil for popcorn machine, we have the answer for your question in this blog too.
How To Clean Commercial Popcorn Machine
- Step 1: Turn off the machine and allow it to cool — Unplug the power line and turn off the popper. Allow the equipment to cool completely before beginning the cleaning procedure. This may take between 30 and 45 minutes.
- Step 2: Remove any remaining popcorn from the machine when it has cooled — Once the machine has cooled, remove any remaining popcorn. Remove large batches using a scoop. When removing little residues and kernels, you can use a soft cloth or brush.
- Step 3: Remove the kettle from the machine — Once the kettle has cooled, remove it from the machine. Each manufacturer’s instructions for this operation are unique. Ensure that you adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 4: Clean the kettle – Wipe the kettle clean with a damp cloth or sponge and a small bit of mild dish soap. Never immerse the kettle in water, since this might cause irreversible damage to the element and other electrical components. Scrub the inside and outside of the kettle thoroughly. Rinse again with a gentle cloth or sponge dampened with only warm water.
- Step 5: Wipe off the interior — Using a soft cloth, wipe down the interior surfaces of the machine. You can either use a warm water and mild dish soap solution or a warm water and vinegar solution. Rinse and dry the machine with different soft cloths.
- Step 6: Wipe down the exterior — Using a soft cloth, wipe off the stainless steel exterior. As with the interior, you can use either a warm water and mild dish soap solution or a warm water and vinegar solution. Rinse and dry the machine with different soft cloths.
- Step7: Remove and clean the bottom tray — Remove the bottom tray and discard any remaining kernels. Then, using a soft cloth wet in warm soapy water, wipe the tray clean. Rinse and dry the tray with separate cloths.
- Step 8: Wipe down the glass — Using a soft cloth, apply an ammonia-free cleaning. Wipe off the machine’s glass surfaces using the cloth. Wipe both the inside and external surfaces of the glass clean.
- Step 9: After wiping off and cleaning the entire equipment, reinstall the kettle into the popcorn popper. Adhere to the process outlined in the operator’s manual for your machine.
Popcorn Popper Maintenance Tips
A few simple tips will help keep your popcorn maker running smoothly all year long:
- Keep the lid on tight while cooking – The pop corn should be covered tightly when placed into the heating chamber. If not, moisture may escape and cause mold growth.
- Check the filter regularly – Once per month is recommended but check more often if there are signs of excessive buildup. A clogged filter can lead to poor air circulation which dries out the popped corn and causes overheating.
- Change filters after every batch – Always change the filter immediately following each batch. It helps prevent contamination by keeping food particles away from the heating elements.
- Wash hands thoroughly – After handling hot foods, wash your hands well with soap and water. Do not touch eyes or mouth until they have dried completely.
- Store leftover popcorn properly – Refrigerate leftovers within three days. Leftover popcorn stored at room temperature can become soggy over time.
- Don’t leave unattended – Unattended machines can heat up quickly due to lack of proper ventilation. Be careful around these units because they’re very hot!
- Turn off the unit promptly – Most models automatically turn themselves off once their timer expires. However, some require user intervention.
- Shutting off the electricity supply to the appliance does not necessarily mean turning off the stovetop; always remember to shut off the power switch as well.
If you interested into another corn product, we also have fresh corn salsa recipe that you must know about it!
Our Latest Post:
- The Best Croissant Dough Sheeter for Home Use 
- The Best Dough Sheeter Machine Small for the Home Kitchen
- An Amazing Electric Dough Roller Machine / Sheeter Machine – Best Guide 
I love cooking because it's so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I'll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can't stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!