Do you know how to clean oven thermometer? What is an oven thermometer? An oven thermometer is a small, stainless steel oven-safe thermometer with a clock face dial that allows you to take the most accurate temperature of the oven. It can be used in any domestic oven and provides an instant reading when placed inside the oven.
The best part is that it does not require electricity or batteries. To use this appliance simply place your oven thermometer into the oven and wait for the digital display to show up on the screen of the device.
You will know if the temperature is too hot or cold by looking at the digits displayed on the clock face. In this blog, we also have an article about best oven thermometer that you might want to read about it.
An oven thermometer helps you to find out the true temperature of your oven, and can be the sole reason preventing you from achieving your desired results.”Bakerstarters.com
How to Clean Oven Thermometer
So, how to clean oven thermometer? It’s always good to keep your equipment spotless, especially if it’s something you use every day. Because oven thermometer is a simple kitchen gadget, cleaning it doesn’t need to be difficult. This is how to clean oven thermometer properly, just follow these steps and you will be fine to clean oven thermometer well:
- Rinse the oven thermometer thoroughly under running water before wiping it down with a damp cloth.
- Gently remove any residue left on the surface of the thermometer using a soft toothbrush. Do not rub the surface of the thermomenter to avoid scratching it.
- Store your oven thermometer away from direct sunlight and high humidity areas since such factors could cause corrosion.
- Avoid submerging your thermometer in water because this could damage its ability to accurately measure the temperature. Instead, wash it gently with warm water and soap.
- Dry the thermometer with a lint-free towel before storing it in a cool dry place.
- Always replace your oven thermometer if ever damaged or broken.
- To make sure you get the maximum lifespan out of your oven thermometer, store it properly and avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures.
A utensil used to check the temperature of the oven so the reading can be compared to the temperature set on the oven dial.”Recipetips.com
What Is the Purpose of an Oven Thermometer?
An oven’s internal thermometer may not be calibrated correctly or gives an inaccurate reading due to placement within the oven. The true temperature of the oven can be off by just a few degrees or up to 25 or even 50 degrees, which makes a big difference when you’re cooking something with very specific temperature needs, like meat or baked goods. An oven thermometer gives a more accurate temperature reading of the inside of your oven.
Where to Place an Oven Thermometer
Most oven thermometers are designed to easily stand or clip onto oven racks. There are pros and cons to each model (clip models can sometimes be hard to read or unsteady, and too-small standing models can slip through the racks and break) but the most important thing is finding one that’s easy to read through the oven door. Cracking the door to check the temperature reading allows heat to escape and can alter it slightly.
Most ovens have hot spots—areas of the oven where heat congregates and becomes more intense—so moving your oven thermometer around during your test will give you a sense of the different temperatures present at any given time.
Benefits of oven thermometer
Oven thermometer comes in handy for many reasons; however, some people also admit that they find them to be annoying as well. Most of these benefits include:
- Helps you monitor the temperature inside your oven all the time. When you open the oven door, the temperature might have already changed
- Keeps your oven safe from getting too hot or too cold. If the temperature fluctuates throughout the day, this tool helps you understand how sensitive your oven is to changes in ambient temperature. so if you have trouble or concerns, feel free to check the Oven User Manuals available at manualsnet.com
- Can help you figure out whether a food item should be cooked at a higher temperature than normal. For example, if you put a casserole dish in the oven that normally takes 60 minutes to cook, but you want to bake it for only 30 minutes, then the oven thermometer would tell you what the right temperature is, so that you don’t end up overcooking the food.
- Can be helpful when doing baking recipes. This device lets you see exactly what temperature the oven has reached after a certain number of hours and how long it took to reach that point.
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.