In this article, we will take a look at how to core a pineapple without corer. This is extremely useful for people who have a large pineapple and want to eat the whole thing in one go. If you do not own a corer, this method is the best way to get your fair share of the juicy fruit. Read until the end to know how to core a pineapple without corer. In this blog, we also pineapple core that you might want to read about it.
A kitchen utensil that is made to cut a pineapple into spiral slices while also cutting out the core.”recipetips.com
What Is Pineapple Corer
A pineapple corer is a device used to core or remove the central core of a pineapple. It consists of a cone-shaped, sharpened, stainless steel blade that fits inside the center of the pineapple. When pushed down into the pineapple, it slices through the top layer of skin and flesh without damaging the fruit. The blades can be adjusted in size so as to accommodate different sizes of pineapples.
A pineapple cutter is a hand-held cylindrical kitchen utensil with a circular blade at the end designed for cutting pineapples.”Wikipedia.org
Benefits of Using Pineapple Corer
It is a pineapple corer or a pineapple slicer that is used to get the core of the pineapple. It is made up of stainless steel and has a sharp edge to cut the core. It has a handle that can be gripped easily and used for slicing the pineapple. Here are the benefits using pineapple corer:
- Pineapple Corers help you to slice any type of pineapple
- It helps to remove the core from the pineapple
- You do not need to use knife to cut the pineapple
- They make the job easier because you will not have to hold the fruit while cutting it
- They are easy to carry around
How To Core A Pineapple Without Corer
So, how to core a pineapple without corer. It is a common problem that many people face when they are trying to core a pineapple. There are several methods available to core a pineapple without a corer. Here are some guides that you can do to core a pineapple without a corer:
In Quarters Coring
- The first step is to achieve a flat top and bottom of the pineapple. You’ll need to trim the top and bottom for this.
- Make certain that you do not cut more than 0.5 inch of the surface.
- The pineapple will be simpler to chop if it has a flat top and bottom.
- Place the pineapple on its side and chop it from top to bottom. Take off its skin and eyes. You may alternatively chop the pineapple into four quarters using a chef’s knife.
- The core can be seen plainly in the midst of each quartered piece. Remove it by sliding the knife all the way to the bottom.
Coring With The Skin Still On
- You’ll need to cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple, just as in the previous way. Cut them off with a slicing knife so they may be easily separated.
- When the pineapple has a flat top and bottom, cut it in half without removing the skin.
- The centre of the pineapple will be lighter yellow. This is the core that must be removed. Make use of a pointed-tip slicing knife to easily slice away the small piece of core.
Coring Individual Slices
- Remove the pineapple leaves by placing it on the edges of the cutting board. To provide a level platform for it to stand on, cut the top and bottom.
- Remove the eyes and pull the skin off in large strips. Slice the pineapple into coins using a slicer knife.
- After you’ve prepared the coin slices, it’s time to extract the core. The core will be at the center of each circular slice. Move the icing tip of the knife around the core.
- You might also use a cookie cutter for this purpose. Remove the core and enjoy your pineapple slices after they’ve been neatly sliced.
Our Latest Post:
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
- How To Fix Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- How To Clean A Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Spray
- What Is A Dish Rack Used For? 7 Superb Usages Of Dish Rack That You Should Know