How Do Natural Gas Grills Work?
As the fire heats up, the chemicals within the wood break down, releasing carbon dioxide and water vapor . This creates a bit of pressure inside the chamber which causes the lid to open and release these gases. The remaining ash then falls off and gets collected in a receptacle.
This process repeats itself until the entire piece of wood has been consumed. Now, imagine placing that same amount of wood in a similar sized container filled with pure oxygen instead of air. In this blog, we also have an article about best weber natural gas grills that you might want to read about it.
Natural gas grills work much like standard propane grills in terms of cooking food, but with many additional benefits.”AEICorporation.com
What would happen?
The chemical breakdown occurs, creating CO2 and H2O. But since there’s no oxygen present, the combustion doesn’t take place. Instead, the flame extinguishes itself because there’s nothing left to support it.
With natural gas, however, there is always plenty of oxygen available for combustion. As soon as you light the ignition source, the flames automatically ignite.
That means you don’t have to worry about flicking the switch on and off repeatedly to keep the flames going. There’s no need to watch the clock either. Once the flames die down, they simply re-ignite themselves.
What Is Natural Gas Grill
It might not be the more popular of the two, but there are still some pretty great advantages to using natural gas grills. With a little research and planning, you can find yourself enjoying an amazing experience on your next camping trip or family reunion. But before we get into that, let’s discuss what exactly makes a natural gas grill so awesome in the first place.
Benefits of Gas Grill
Natural gas grills come with many benefits including:
- Reduced cooking times
- Less energy usage
- Cleaner air
- And most importantly, they’re very easy to use. You don’t need any special training, and once you learn how to operate one, it’s super simple.
- In fact, many people who have never used a charcoal grill say this newfangled alternative is easier than traditional ones.
- Plus, you won’t find yourself running out of propane like you would with a regular model. And if you ever run low, just walk over to the nearest station to fill up!
- You’ll also find they’re incredibly affordable for all kinds of outdoor activities.
- They start at about $100; for that price, you can cook almost anything outdoors. Plus, they’re usually smaller than their charcoal counterparts, making them portable enough for those backyard barbecues.
- Which brings us to the last major benefit of using natural gas grills – longevity. They tend to hold up much longer than their traditional counterparts. When properly maintained, they will easily last 50 years.
- So if you’ve got a few hundred dollars burning a hole in your pocket, consider investing in a natural gas grill and make sure you enjoy every minute of it.
How to Get Smoky Flavor with a Gas Grill
It’s quite simple. Using liquid smoke, you can impart a smoke flavor to your cuisine. (Ick). Alternatively, you can fire up your gas barbecue with wood chips. Infusing your meal with smoke flavor takes time.
Smoking should be reserved for larger portions of meat that will spend 20-30 minutes on the grill with the lid down. After all, you’re not going to smoke a grilled burger. You’re talking about prime rib, beef brisket, or port shoulder. Typically, smoking wood is pre-cut into chips or smaller pieces. It’s located among the picnic supplies at the supermarket store.
Your choice of wood chips will be determined by the type of cuisine you are preparing. Here is a guide from Char-Broil:
- Pecan, apple, and cherry woods impart a smokey sweetness to the meat.
- Hickory imparts a more robust smoky taste and pairs nicely with heartier types of meat such as pig butt and ribs.
- Mesquite is the most durable smoking wood and is therefore suitable for smoking dark meats.
Natural gas is a fossil fuel with sources that have a far less negative environmental impact than their charcoal counterparts. Natural gas BBQs burn cleaner, producing far less air residue, so that you won’t have to worry about the air at your party getting smoky or your guests getting sooty. This means that the natural gas BBQ is also environmentally friendly.”TheBBQstore.com
- The 5 Best Amazon Electric Portable Cookers
- The Best Electric Portable Cookers In 2022
- Coffee Machine Caddy White – What is It? Comprehensive Guide for Learning About It
I love cooking because it’s so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I’ll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can’t stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!