Where to store knife block? This knife block is great for keeping your knives organized and safe. It has a stylish design, comes in various colors, and can be used in the kitchen or as a decorative piece in your home. In this blog, we also have an article about best knife block sets on amazon that you might want to read about it.
You can see knife blocks everywhere: at the store, at your friend’s house, online, or in advertisements. They come in all sorts of varieties, and some have an absurd number of knives, including everything from kitchen shears to carving knives.”Elliot Bell, author from Misen.com
What is knife block
Knife block is a rack that holds knives. The knives are in a horizontal position. The most common knife block is made of wood. The knife block can be placed on the countertop or in a kitchen cabinet. There are many knife blocks available in the market but the most commonly used knife block is the magnetic knife block.
Knife blocks come with different sizes and shapes. They are also designed for different purposes. A knife block has two main functions: it protects your knives from damage and it keeps them organized. Below, I will tell you about where to store knife block.
A knife block allows you to store your kitchen knives in a very secure way. It also allows you to keep your knives always at your disposal which in turn makes your food preparations easier.”mychefknives.co.uk
Where To Store Knife Block
So, where to store knife block? There are some specific areas where you need to have a knife block, such as:
- bar counters,
- kitchen cabinets,
- wall mounted units,
How to protect knife block against water
You can keep your knife block clean by washing it regularly. You may wash it every few days or once per week depending on how often you use the knife block. If you want to make sure that your knife block will last longer, you might wipe it with a damp cloth after cleaning.
Here are some tips caring knife
- 1. It depends what type of knives you have. If you have utility-type knives, they should go on top. Utility-type knives are those that you use frequently. For example, if you cook a lot, then you need a good set of utility knives like chef’s knife, paring knife, etc. You don’t want to lose these essential tools!
- 2. Keep your large, sharp knives at the back so you will not accidentally cut yourself when using them.
- 3. It is better to keep your small, sharp knives close to your chopping board because this way you will be able to easily reach them when needed.
- 4. Place your serrated knives near the edge of the sink (use a towel as a cushion under the knife) because cutting meat means that you may get blood on your hands.
How do I clean a knife block?
The first thing you should know about cleaning your knife block is that it does not require much effort. All you have to do is wipe off any dirt or grime on the surface with a damp cloth. Make sure you dry the surface after wiping down. When the surface is really dirty, you can add dish soap to the water and give it a scrubbing. Just make sure that you let the water drain before drying the surface.
You should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when cleaning your knife block. Cleaning too often can affect how the blades hold their shape. Also, improper cleaning can scratch the surface of the knife block. As mentioned above, you can use a damp cloth to remove any dust, dirt, etc.
But if you notice that the wood has become discolored or stained, you might want to try soaking the entire block in an unscented solution of vinegar and warm water. Let stand overnight and rinse well with clear water. Then wash with soap and water.
Our Latest Post:
Visit Our Store
- Best LifePlus Commercial Ice Maker Machine Review: 3 Important Things To Know!
- How To Descale An Espresso Machine? Superb 8 Steps To Do It
- Can Espresso Machines Make Hot Chocolate? Superb 7 Steps To Do It