To make the best grilled vegetables, it’s important to know how to use the right tool. A grill pan allows you to cook your veggies fast and at a lower temperature than using a conventional grill. Do you know how to grill vegetables on a grill pan? In this blog, we also have an article about best grill pans on amazon that you might want to read about it.
What is Grill Pan?
Grill pan is a type of pan used for cooking meat and vegetables. It is made up of stainless steel and has a non-stick coating that allows it to slide easily over the grill. This is used to speed up the process of cooking. The thin metal conducts heat better, preventing various foods from sticking while it cooks quickly. The main advantage of having a grill pan is that it can be used indoors or outdoors, depending on weather conditions. Also in here we have an article about what is a grill pan used for to know more about how to use this kitchen appliance.
Grill pans have become an increasingly popular type of cookware that allows you to cook delicious, finger-licking meat and vegetables with the perfect char-grilled lines.”Marissa, author from worldofpans.com
Can You grill Vegetables On A Grill Pan?
Cooking vegetables on a grill pan requires less time compared to using an outdoor gas grill because the food doesn’t have to go through the same high temperatures as when cooking on a regular grill. You also won’t have to wait long to start grilling.
The downside to this method is that you cannot grill large quantities of food in one go like you do with a traditional stovetop grill. For example, if you want to cook several pounds of onions, then you’ll have to cut them into smaller pieces so that they fit properly within the oven. If you try cutting too many slices of onions, some might burn before others get fully cooked.
Another thing to consider is that there is no direct flame coming out of the grill pan. Instead, it uses indirect heat which means that the food needs more time to cook thoroughly. So, when you’re planning to grill food on a grill pan, make sure you plan ahead.
How To Grill Vegetables On A Grill Pan
Grilling vegetables on a grill pan is a simple way to make grilled vegetables. It is a healthier way to prepare grilled vegetables as you can use less oil and it is also very easy to do. There are many ways to grill vegetables on a barbecue grill pan. Here’s a few tips:
- Use a clean grill pan, especially after using it for another dish. Make sure it is dry so that you don’t get grease build up. Grease could prevent the grill pan from being able to absorb heat evenly. Also, clean the pan well by scrubbing it with soap and water. Once done cleaning, wipe the surface down with paper towel.
- When buying vegetable for grilling, choose those without much moisture. Moisture affects the quality of the food. Some vegetables such as broccoli, tomatoes, bell pepper, eggplant, etc. can actually taste bitter if they are not properly dried. Choose fruits like apples, oranges, pears, bananas, melons, etc. instead.
- Cut the vegetables into cubes or strips. Smaller pieces contain fewer nutrients while larger pieces tend to be harder to sear. As a general rule, you should always prefer small cuts rather than thicker ones. Thick parts take longer to cook, and therefore they may overcook faster than their thinner counterparts.
- Start grilling the vegetable on high heat first. Then turn the heat down to medium. Continue grilling until all sides have been seared. Remember that grilled vegetables usually require a higher temperature to brown the outside, and a lower temperature to retain the natural flavors inside the vegetable.
- Add salt at the end. Salt helps bring out the flavor of the vegetable. However, adding too much salt makes your grilled veggies bland. Therefore, only add salt once all sides of the vegetable have been seared.
- Brush the vegetables with olive oil before grilling to give them flavor. Otherwise, the vegetables will taste flat. Oil also helps keep the vegetables from burning.
- Cook vegetables on low heat for 2 minutes per side. Turn over and repeat the process.
- After turning over, cover the grill pan with aluminum foil for about 15 – 20 minutes. Cooking covered lets the vegetables steam slowly, helping tenderize them.
- Remove the lid and continue grilling uncovered until you see char marks. Remove the food from the grill pan and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Don’t forget to drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top!
- If you want to serve this delicious grilled veggie recipe in a fancy way, place it on a plate and garnish it with fresh herbs and lemon juice. It looks great and tastes even better!
Our Latest Post:
- 4 Tips And Tricks To Maximize Space In A Restaurant Fridge, It’s Helpful! (2022)
- 30 Inch Gas Stove Top With Griddle Reviews: Which is the Best One?
- Best Ball Electric Canner – Top 3 Features & Benefits
I love cooking because it's so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I'll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can't stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!